“There is no treatment for the cold and flu” (that you can do at home)
This statement is the root of a narrative that has changed the world.
I am not here to argue the safety or efficacy of any specific pharmaceutical interventions.
I am here to serve my duty, as should all believers, to stand up for the truth.
And the truth is:
There are things you can do at home to treat viral infections. There’s a lot you can do at home. All of this is ignored, and forever will be, by those seeking to conceal the truth.
(For the TLDR version, scroll down to the References at the bottom of this article).
It does not matter who I am or what titles come after my name. What matters, is the message and its contents. If you are a believer, then you would know that it has always been the message that matters.
We are specifically told:
Quran 2:42َ وَلَا تَلْبِسُوا الْحَقَّ بِالْبَاطِلِ وَتَكْتُمُوا الْحَقَّ وَأَنتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ [٢:٤٢]
Wala talbisoo alhaqqa bialbatili wataktumoo alhaqqa waantum taAAlamoona [English Transliteration]
And do not mix the truth with falsehood or conceal the truth while you know [it]. [Sahih International]
What is the truth?
Now, how does one get to know what the truth actually is?
I believe that there are 2 main questions we ask ourselves, when determining whether we choose to believe in something or not. Let’s call this our ‘decision tree’:
- Is it coming from someone I trust?
- I trust those people and/or organizations which, in the past, have given me truthful information and have proven themselves trustworthy.
- Does it make sense to me?
- We were all blessed with logic and reasoning.
- This is what allows us to differentiate good from evil (in most cases).
- This is what allows us to ‘feel’ the truth. You hear it all the time when people say they have a ‘gut feeling’, or say ‘this doesn’t feel right’ when being misled into a dark and fearful place, regardless of how much assurance they are given by others.
- (Now’s a good moment to make a supplication to our creator and be thankful for all that we have been blessed with. Ameen.)
Who do you trust, and why?
Everyone would have a different answer here. But there is some commonality.
A few common responses:
- I trust the government. They’ve always been mostly helpful, and we’re lucky to have a democratic government, compared to some places.
- I trust my doctor. They’ve always helped me whenever I have had any kind of problem.
How about trusting yourself? How about trusting the fact that it’s possible for YOU to know whether something is true or false?
Or are we so far gone that we are no longer capable of doing that? Do we truly believe it’s a good thing to have ‘outsourced’ that trust?
Coming full circle
Think about every time alnnabiyyeena (the Prophets, peace be upon them) tried to deliver their message of truth to almushrikeena (the polytheists).
What do you think went through people’s heads at the time? See the following verse:
وَمَا أَنتَ إِلَّا بَشَرٌ مِّثْلُنَا وَإِن نَّظُنُّكَ لَمِنَ الْكَاذِبِينَ [٢٦:١٨٦]Wama anta illa basharun mithluna wain nathunnuka lamina alkathibeena [English Transliteration]
You are but a man like ourselves, and indeed, we think you are among the liars. [Sahih International]
People likely went through the same decision tree mentioned above. Many decided to distrust the message based on their distrust in who the messenger happened to be.
However, a select few decided to believe, based on the message itself and not based on who the messenger was. Their decision tree went like this:
- Do I trust this person?
- No. He’s just a regular man, like myself.
- Why should I listen to what he says, when everyone around me tells me it’s all propaganda and lies?
- Does the message make sense to me?
- Yes. Even though what he is saying goes against what everyone else wants me to believe.
- When I put the message into practice, it works, and that makes me believe it is the truth.
- Even though the authorities tell me it is false.
- Even though every single person around me thinks it’s false.
- Even though I will face punishment and oppression from society if I take it to be the truth.
There it is.
Those select few within the population believed the message, because it made sense to them and because when they tried it, it worked. Those select few began to spread the message, further and further, until they earned the trust of the masses. Until they were able to satisfy #1 in the decision tree of the people.
That is the root of our belief. That is the root of our iman.
Our iman is based on following the truth, regardless of what anyone else says, does, or thinks about it.
Because it’s something which we feel, which we know, deep in our hearts, to be the truth.
Advice when you need it most
Have you, or your loved ones, gotten sick during this pandemic?
Have you ever felt your life slowly being taken away from you? With each breath you take becoming shallower, and shallower?
You’re so lethargic that you can barely stand up, much less walk around.
Your fever is relentless, your body aches.
Your life is in pieces, as you are unable to see your loved ones for fear of spreading this disease to them and hurting them.
At the end of a 2 minute long coughing fit, you recall hearing advice from 2 different groups. We’ll call them Group 1 and Group 2:
- Group 1:
- “I’m sorry to hear about your discomfort.
- It is a deadly disease and the cases are rising daily.
- You can take over-the-counter drug A to help with the pain.
- If it gets any worse, go to the emergency room immediately.
- P.S.: Do not listen to any other suspicious advice. There is a lot of propaganda being spread at this time. The only solution is to wait for Prevention A to be available to the public.”
- Group 2:
- “I feel your pain, as that is a brutal condition and I’ve seen the suffering it can inflict on those who have it.
- I’ve discovered Solution B, which is backed up by XYZ studies, and have given it to a number of people with extremely positive results. They’re almost back to normal after a few days.
- I have prepared everything you need to know in a free, easy to read book. Here is the link.”
In order to figure out what to do, again, we go through the decision tree:
- Do I trust ..
- Group 1? Yes, I trust the public health authorities.
- Group 2? No. Sometimes I’ve followed their advice when it’s a home remedy or something, and it has usually helped me. It may not have always helped, but it has never harmed me, that’s for sure.
- Does what they’re saying make sense ..
- Group 1? No. I get that the hospitals are full. I get that it’s a deadly disease, because I am experiencing it right now! But you are not giving me any help, and on top of that you are telling me to reject any possible solutions.
- Group 2? Yes. I have read through the material and what they have shown me is reasonable and makes sense. I have used those vitamin, mineral, and food supplements before. Not quite at that dosage and frequency, but have also read the studies showing minimal to no adverse effects from those dosages, contrary to what Group 1 is telling me.
What do I have to lose?
Whether you follow Group 2 or not really comes down to what you have to lose.
If Solution B involves vitamin, mineral, and food supplements that you have heard about and have used in limited quanties before, but they say that their protocol involves higher quantities, then you have to think about it and decide: Could that be harmful to me? Or do I have nothing to lose because I am so sick and nothing else has helped so far?
This is the part where you need to have trust in yourself and what’s best for your body. This is the part where many decide that they are better off outsourcing this to health professionals.
In the end, you need to decide if you prefer to trust yourself, or trust others, in knowing what’s best for your body and your future. Always remember that whatever path you take, you will have to live with the consequences of that decision. Which sometimes is a case of either:
- relying on those whose job is to promote chronic illness (unintentionally or not), OR
- simply taking an extra couple steps in order to learn, experiment a little, and lead a life of optimal health
What if I told you that Solution B is real. That it is out there, it is being used, and it is saving lives that likely would have been lost (following Group 1’s advice). See references section below for the single best reference you need.
The fact that this information is being swept under the rug is a clear violation of the ayaat mentioned above (concealing the truth). It is not only being swept under the rug, but those who try to speak out about it are oppressed.
The question we need to ask ourselves is:
Did we side with those who tried to oppress alnnabiyyeena (the Prophets, peace be upon them) and their messages of truth?
If not, then why are we doing it now? Why are we concealing the truth and supporting falsehood?
In closing, let us reflect upon what we are told about the qualities of الصَّالِحِينَ (the righteous):
(and may we all do our best to live by these characteristics, ameen)
وَالَّذِينَ لَا يَشْهَدُونَ الزُّورَ وَإِذَا مَرُّوا بِاللَّغْوِ مَرُّوا كِرَامًا [٢٥:٧٢]
Waallatheena la yashhadoona alzzoora waitha marroo biallaghwi marroo kiraman [English Transliteration]
And [they are] those who do not testify to falsehood, and when they pass near ill speech, they pass by with dignity. [Sahih International]
وَإِذَا سَمِعُوا اللَّغْوَ أَعْرَضُوا عَنْهُ وَقَالُوا لَنَا أَعْمَالُنَا وَلَكُمْ أَعْمَالُكُمْ سَلَامٌ عَلَيْكُمْ لَا نَبْتَغِي الْجَاهِلِينَ [٢٨:٥٥]
Waitha samiAAoo allaghwa aAAradoo AAanhu waqaloo lana aAAmaluna walakum aAAmalukum salamun AAalaykum la nabtaghee aljahileena [English Transliteration]
And when they hear ill speech, they turn away from it and say, “For us are our deeds, and for you are your deeds. Peace will be upon you; we seek not the ignorant.” [Sahih International]
Book (Free): Rapid Virus Recovery
Free Medfox Book | Thomas E. Levy, MD, JD
Excerpt from the book:
Cold, Flu, and Coronavirus Infection Prevention
This is a general guide only. While all of the
listed supplements are recommended, any of them can
be expected to provide some significant benefit by sup-
porting good immune function.
✓ Vitamin C powder (sodium ascorbate or
ascorbic acid): 1 to 2 grams three times
daily orally, or 1 to 3 grams daily orally of
liposome-encapsulated vitamin C.
✓ Magnesium supplementation, at roughly
a dose of 500 mg orally daily, given in
divided doses (many forms available;
chloride, glycinate, gluconate, and
threonate are especially good forms).
• Magnesium chloride is felt to be the
optimal form for virus prevention/
• Depending on age and body size, 10
to 50 cc orally twice daily of a 2.5%
magnesium chloride solution (25
grams in 1,000 cc of water); tablets
or capsules orally are also acceptable.
Each dose can be further diluted in
juice to optimize taste.
✓ Vitamin D (as vitamin D3—cholecalciferol),
25,000 units daily for two weeks (if never
previously supplemented); then 5,000 to
10,000 units daily.
✓ Zinc (as picolinate or citrate), 50 to 75 mg
daily for two weeks (if never previously
supplemented), then 25 mg daily.
✓ Iodine/iodide supplementation, 12.5 mg
daily (available as Iodoral 12.5 mg tablets).
✓ Take, or continue to take, any other quality
nutrient/antioxidant supplements that you
desire and can afford to take.
If taking a multi-vitamin, choose one without Calcium, Iron, and Copper. More details here:
✓ Hydrogen Peroxide (HP) nebulization, 1 to 3 minutes daily, or
at least when a significant virus exposure
is suspected, utilizing a 3% or less
concentration of the solution.
Hydrogen Peroxide A Potential Treatment For Coronavirus Infection?
Health experts said hydrogen peroxide may help fight COVID-19 by preventing the coronavirus from spreading across the body.
Original article is nowhere to be found.
Articles are usually taken down because they are offensive or have crossed a line. What was the harm in that article, apart from simple advice that could have potentially saved many from suffering and death?